The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
15 May 2020
While much of the world remains under some form of lockdown, there are shoots of encouragement as some countries start to carefully ease restrictions
12 May 2020
Displaced is a 50-minute documentary filmed on location in Brazil, and incorporates experiences of migrants from around the world
07 May 2020
Schools run by The Salvation Army across the world have been adapting in the light of COVID-19 to ensure continuity of education
29 April 2020
In a new video, General Brian Peddle shares how he remained connected with Salvation Army leaders and reflects on how to pray during the pandemic.
28 April 2020
The group will provide much-needed support, freeing local Salvationists to concentrate on fulfilling pressing needs
23 April 2020
COVID-19 responses underway in Burkina Faso, Gabon and Thailand, as well as countries with a longer-established Salvation Army presence
22 April 2020
In almost all the countries where The Salvation Army operates, emergency responses to the COVID-19 pandemic are underway
21 April 2020
Salvationists and friends around the world responded with passion and compassion to the General’s call to pray for the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
15 April 2020
General Brian Peddle has called the international Salvation Army to pray on Sunday 19 April 2020 for the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
14 April 2020
The Salvation Army runs 30 hospitals and 200+ clinics; staff are on the front line against COVID-19