The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
01 July 2020
Inspired by the Founder of The Salvation Army's famous rallying call, this is a new working of 'I'll Fight' for 2020
29 June 2020
Globally, in excess of 10 million cases of COVID-19 infection have now been recorded by the World Health Organization
17 June 2020
UNHCR reports there are currently 71m displaced people globally; 134 refugee-hosting countries have reported local transmission of coronavirus
15 June 2020
Around the world, The Salvation Army continues to respond to human needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
12 June 2020
In SE India, a community health response saved a man’s life and gave his wife new purpose – that has led to her becoming part of TSA’s COVID-19 response:
05 June 2020
In an exclusive video interview, the leaders speak openly and passionately about lockdown and the challenges and opportunities presented.
05 June 2020
Paul Rajkumar shares how The Salvation Army in the India Central Territory has been coping with the changes brought about by COVID-19.
04 June 2020
Emergency food provision continues to underpin The Salvation Army’s response around the globe along with hygiene supplies, health education, accommodation
22 May 2020
April–June issue of All the World, The Salvation Army’s international magazine, has been published online and can be accessed for free
19 May 2020
The Salvation Army now has COVID-19 responses in more than 100 of the 131 countries in which it officially operates