The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Suresh Pawar and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Martha Pawar.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: North Tamil Nadu (Madras-Chennai), Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Odisha (Orissa), Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttara Khand, West Bengal; the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and United Arab Emirates)
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
01 October 2022
The day was packed with a series of high-level presentations and breakout discussions.
30 September 2022
Commissioner Buckingham shared a list of strategic priorities from work in the morning.
30 September 2022
International leaders came together to consider ‘Our People’.
28 September 2022
International leadership gathered to hear and reflect on an absorbing and challenging presentation on Identity.
27 September 2022
International leaders gathered with Canadian Salvationists in worship at Cariboo Hill Temple Corps, Vancouver, Canada.
26 September 2022
General Brian Peddle welcomed the international leadership of the Salvation Army to an historic conference of leaders in Canada.
24 September 2022
Leaders of The Salvation Army’s 58 territories and commands are preparing to gather in Canada, for the International Conference of Leaders.
23 September 2022
Delegates from around the world met in Singapore for The Salvation Army's first International Symposium on Human Sexuality
09 September 2022
As Pakistan faces its worst flooding in 60 years, The Salvation Army is working to provide emergency relief.
05 August 2022
General Brian Peddle celebrates with Salvationist gold-medalist Jeremy Lalrinnunga, India Eastern Territory, after his win at Commonwealth Games 2022.