The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories and commands. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Alistair Venter and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Marieke Venter.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following Territories, Commands and Regions:
- Bangladesh Command
- India Central Territory (States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, part of Tamil Nadu)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Assam, part of Bengal, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal, the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
02 January 2021
The international leader of The Salvation Army brings his New Year message for 2021
04 December 2020
The Salvation Army has produced a positional statement that makes clear the value it places on people who have disabilities
09 November 2020
Evangeline Booth Hospital saw its first case of COVID-19 on 14 March and has adapted its procedures to meet the needs of 3,200+ COVID patients since then
06 November 2020
Due to COVID-19, the difficult decision has been made to postpone the launch of The Salvation Army’s new Learning Pathways course.
23 October 2020
The consultation and conversation will reflect on The Salvation Army’s global pandemic response.
20 October 2020
Learning Pathways – a three-tier distance learning opportunity for Salvationists passionate about engaging in their community – is being launched soon
19 October 2020
Lieutenant Zochhuansangi shared her personal experience with Lauren Westwood, Salv Army Women
14 October 2020
The international leader asks – ‘what if there are … positive outcomes’ that might result from the effects of the pandemic?
01 July 2020
Inspired by the Founder of The Salvation Army's famous rallying call, this is a new working of 'I'll Fight' for 2020
29 June 2020
Globally, in excess of 10 million cases of COVID-19 infection have now been recorded by the World Health Organization