The zonal departments at International Headquarters are the main administrative link with territories. The international secretaries give oversight to and coordinate the Army's work in their respective geographical regions.
The International Secretary for the South Asia Zone is Commissioner Suresh Pawar and the Secretary for Women's Ministries is Commissioner Martha Pawar.
Find out more about The Salvation Army's work in South Asia at the recent exhibition, Spotlight on South Asia Zone.
Contact the Zonal Department
Territories in the Zone
The Salvation Army South Asia Zone includes the following territories and regions:
- Bangladesh Territory
- India Central Territory (States: North Tamil Nadu (Madras-Chennai), Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana)
- India Eastern Territory (States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal; also Nepal)
- India Northern Territory (States: Bihar, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Odisha (Orissa), Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttara Khand, West Bengal; the Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- India South Eastern Territory (States: part of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry)
- India South Western Territory (State: Kerala)
- India Western Territory (States: Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan)
- Middle East Region (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and United Arab Emirates)
- Pakistan Territory
- Sri Lanka Territory
Click on the map pins for local contact details and websites.
News from around South Asia
17 April 2023
Salvation Army programme provides economic opportunity for hundreds of vulnerable people worldwide
03 March 2023
The General’s Council has decided to rename a number of commands as territories, with effect from 1 March 2023
16 February 2023
The long-awaited visit of General Brian Peddle and Commissioner Rosalie Peddle to the India Eastern Territory commenced on 30 January
15 February 2023
The Salvation Army’s India Central Territory was blessed by the highly anticipated visit of General Brian Peddle and Commissioner Rosalie Peddle
14 February 2023
The visit of General Brian Peddle and Commissioner Rosalie Peddle brought great joy and spiritual revival to the India South Eastern Territory this January