The Salvation Army International Headquarters (IHQ) is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our staff and visitors to 101 Queen Victoria Street, London and playing a constructive role in supporting local health officials and government leaders.
In preparation for re-opening of our headquarters building in a COVID-19 secure way we are taking a number of actions to protect the health and well-being of our staff and to control the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in accordance with the expert guidance of the UK Government and local public health authorities. For additional details on how IHQ is navigating through COVID-19, or a copy of the COVID-19 Secure risk assessment contact our Administration Department by email to IHQ-Admin@salvationarmy.org
- Enhanced cleaning measures: IHQ continues to observe elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols that meet or exceed public health guidelines and can help to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are working in conjunction with our contract cleaners to ensure all protocols are adhered to and particularly. ensuring the high touch surface areas are frequently cleaned.
- Safety protocols: We respectfully require all our staff to follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including one way systems within the building. Social distancing will be supported with floor markers throughout the building. The use of the lift with restrictions to single use or single household capacity at any one time. Also, the staircases are designated for upward and downward travel.
- Visitors to IHQ: During the next few months, no visitors will be allowed to visit 101 Queen Victoria Street office without prior invitation.
- Café 101: The café will not be open to the general public until such time as COVID restrictions are eased and we can provide a safe environment for visitors as well as our staff. We are working with the Café 101 franchise management to ensure the café will open as soon as is deemed safe to do so.
- Additional precautions: IHQ is also taking precautions for every staff member that works in its headquarters to protect them by the encouragement to continue to frequently wash their hands and to use the hand sanitizers available on each floor.
- PPE: to be provided specifically for areas or functions where social distancing protocol cannot be maintained.
- Occupancy levels: to ensure viability of social distancing protocols we are maintaining a maximum 50% occupancy level. This together with all the protocols in place will be regularly reviewed by the COVID-19 Crisis Management Group and Health & Safety Team.
For news of how The Salvation Army is responding to human needs exacerbated by COVID-19, in more than 120 countries worldwide, please click here.